Monday, April 15, 2013

Eliminate the Snakes...

I was outside raking leaves today and I was thinking about snakes. I wanted to get the leaves up because, among other things, I do not want to give snakes a place to live. Snakes will always seek out a place to hide; under leaves, a log, or a rock. I want to eliminate the opportunity for a snake to reside in my yard. 

The Lord spoke to me and said that the yard is like the heart. Of course, we need to do the heavy lifting to clean the large objects from our hearts (logs, old wood piles, bricks) which is the sin in our lives. Most of us have cleaned these up. But we must do maintenance cleaning also. We must "rake the leaves" so to speak. We need to clean up the attitudes and selfishness that clutter our hearts, smother the fertile soil, and allow the snakes (sin) a place to hide. 




Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You. (Psalms 51:10-13 NKJV)





Once we have cleaned our hearts, our lives will be such that God will be glorified in all that we do and say. When hurting people see true christianity being lived out before them, they will repent and seek God. The biggest obstacle to evangelism today is christians... Christians whose actions are not aligned with their words because their hearts have been cluttered with worries, attitudes, opinions, etc. 






Free yourself from this burden. Pray Psalm 51 today and ask God to help you be restored to a pure heart and mind. Then you will begin to shine His light to the world and many people will be saved.





                                                   Eliminate the snake from your heart!




No comments:

Post a Comment